Thank you for reading our special report. As an American white female I feel safe in the #dominicanrepublic because I follow a few guidelines. Crime is targeted and appears in almost any travel situation. To help you please read below:
- We recommend you never travel alone, create a buddy system.
- Do not pay for service unless the person is contracted with the hotel or local travel company.
- BE AWARE. When you enter and exit an establishment watch where you are and who is around you. Bring small purses that can either be hidden or kept close to your body.
- Avoid the barrio areas. Stay close to your hotel and where you are staying. Only go to places the hotel or rental place you are staying recommends.
- Be careful dating foreigners here you do not know their intentions. Do not bring them back to your hotel.
- Watch your drinks do not set them down and walk away.
I know these tips and tricks might seem basic. But they are all a good reminder of how to stay safe while traveling’
Sincerely, Dr. Renee Gillard and Lic. Francisco Martinez